My Two Days Off School

Dear Children,

I hope you have enjoyed the two days you’ve had off school this week. I am really interested to know what you have been up to. Perhaps you have been away somewhere? Maybe you have been out for a day trip? You might have been doing some interesting things at home? Whatever it may be, please do let me know by leaving a post on my blog.

Thank you and I will see you back in school on Monday.

Have a lovely weekend.

Mr Alford

18 thoughts on “My Two Days Off School

1. Mr Alford Post author

Hi Mia,

Christmas biscuit making sounds like great fun! I expect you really enjoyed making them with mummy – who was in charge I wonder? Did you make Christmas shapes for your biscuits? Do they taste good?

Thanks for letting me know and I hope you had a great couple of days.

Mr Alford

1. Leila Jones 1S

Hi Mr Alford,
    My mummy and daddy took me and my little sister to Cadbury’s world! We learnt how chocolate was made and ate lots of chocolate. And we went on a steam train. We had lots of fun and I really enjoyed the 2 days off school.
    Leila Jones 1S

1. Mr Alford Post author

Hi Leila,

I am so jealous that you went to Cadbury’s World. I went there a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It’s a bit too tempting with all of that chocolate around so I’m not surprised you ate lots!

I’m glad you had a good couple of days and thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

Mr Alford

1. Mr Alford Post author

Hi Aranvir,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. How was the soft play? Did you manage to do some good climbing and some jumping? I wonder if there was a ball pit – I always really like that!

Mr Alford

2. isabella

yesterday i went to London with my brothers Max Oscar ,my mum and grandad we went to the tower of London it was really fun we got to see the Queens Jules and then today i went to this place called oxygen it is a trampolining place it is really fun i went with my freind Isabelle and her sister had a freind it was so fun then after i went to my freinds house but first we had MacDonalds that was my day of

1. Mr Alford Post author

Hi Isabella,

Thanks for replying to me. It sounds like you had a fantastic time in London. I love the Tower of London too – we’re you tempted to lock your brothers in one of the dungeons? Oxygen sounds like fun too – how was your trampolining?

Mr Alford

3. Karen McArtney-Roberts

Hi. Sam and I are at a treehouse. We are 200 miles from school and I am missing the teachers and work! Xx

From Noah 2w

1. Mr Alford Post author

Hi Noah,

I wonder where you have gone if you’re 200 miles away? It sounds exciting. The tree house sounds like great fun. I’m impressed by your dedication to your work.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Mr Alford

4. Emily

Me and my family went to the natural history museum. We learnt about dinosaurs, creepy crawlies and earthquakes and volcanos – it was great!
    From Emily Harding 3CB

1. Mr Alford Post author

Hi Emily,

I love the NHM too. Hopefully it wasn’t too busy there so you were able to see everything easily. I expect you really enjoyed seeing the display on dinosaurs – I hope it wasn’t too scary!

Thanks for reply to me.

Mr Alford

5. Nicki and Lois Cash

Good morning.
    During our two days off school, Lois and I have been Christmas shopping and buying special gifts for her Daddy and brothers whilst they were at work and school!!!
    We have also been bowling which was fun and then came home and watched a Christmas movie together. A very enjoyable couple of days!

1. Mr Alford Post author

Hi Lois,

Christmas shopping sounds like fun. I hope you found some good presents. I love a Christmas movie too. I think my favourite ever is Arthur Christmas. What about you?

Thanks for sending me a reply and I’m glad you enjoyed the couple of days off school.

Mr Alford

6. Rio Knight

Good Morning Mr Alford, Rio here from 2W, I would just like to tell you what I have been doing while off school. Thursday was very relaxing but I did manage to do my homework and I am busy learning my songs and words for the Xmas performance. Friday, I went to the Lido on my scooter all the way from home which gave me good exercise. I then went to my football skills session at Goals in South Ruislip. Saturday morning, just got back from football training, preparing for our local derby in the morning against Wealdstone, also just thrashed Grandad in the garden with the cross bar challenge. As you know QPR have a new manager, Nanny Grandad and I are going along to cheer them on and hopefully get 3 points. Good Luck to Plymouth today, thanks for my 2 days off and look forward to seeing you on Monday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!! Rio

1. Mr Alford Post author

Hi Rio,

Thanks for replying to me. It sounds like you have had a busy few days. I’m impressed by how active you’ve been. I was pleased that QPR won and hopefully they will start to get better (Plymouth lost I’m afraid). I could hear you all rehearsing in the hall this morning and it sounded great so that hard work learning your lines is paying off.

Mr Alford

7. Peeta Bath

Eshan Bath in 1S went to the New Forest for 3 days. He enjoyed playing outdoors at the country park treetop trail and exploring in the forest. Eshan also enjoyed relaxing with his family in the hotel swimming pool & even went to visit Peppa Pig world. He’s had lots of fun on his mini holiday.

1. Mr Alford Post author

Hi Eshan. Sounds like you had a great time in the New Forest. I’ll let you in to a secret. I went to Peppa Pig world too, last year. I really enjoyed some of those rides and my daughter thought it was the best place ever!

Thanks for letting me know.

Mr Alford