Hopefully you are now enjoying a well earned rest over half term. To keep your brain active I have set a 30 question quiz. See how many of the answers you know, and if you don’t know it then you have the chance to look it up. Quizzes are a great way of improving your general knowledge which really helps you in school.
Everyone who has a go at the quiz will earn five house points. The overall winner will get a book token prize. As well as the 30 questions you will also need to answer the tie-breaker question (should we get more than one person with the same number of correct answers). The person closest to the exact answer will win.
You need to upload your answers on this blog. Only I will be able to see your answers (they will be hidden to everyone else until I approve your post (when everyone can see it) which will be after half term). If you want to write out your answers on paper then you can do so but they must be handed to me at the start of school on the first day back after the holidays. This will be the closing time and date for the blog entries too.
If you are really keen you can set me a question too, as I love general knowledge and finding out new things.
You can work with others on your answers (like mum and dad) – hopefully it will be fun.
Glebe Quiz – Spring Half Term 2016
- What is the capital city of Belgium?
- Who is the England test cricket captain?
- For how many years did Queen Victoria reign for?
- Who painted the Mona Lisa?
- Who was the BBC’s Sport’s personality of the year 2015?
- According to the Office for National Statistics, what were the most popular names for babies born in England and Wales in 2014 (boy and girl)?
- Who wrote the Paddington Bear books?
- Who sang the 2014 hit song ‘Happy’?
- Which is the longest river in the world?
- How many legs do all insects have?
- How many days are there in August?
- Who surprisingly beat South Africa in the group stages of the Rugby World Cup 2015?
- In the Peppa Pig series, what is Peppa’s brother called?
- How many strings does a traditional violin have?
- What is the name of the Prime Minister?
- Who won Strictly Come Dancing 2015?
- In the Harry Potter series, what is the name of the headmaster of Harry’s school?
- In which town was William Shakespeare born and brought up in?
- In 2016, how many years will it be since England won the Football World Cup?
- Which scientist discovered the theory of gravity?
- Who was the first man in space?
- What do the initials of the car BMW stand for?
- What is the young of a kangaroo called?
- Who wrote the book ‘Great expectations’?
- In the book, ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’, how many different things did the caterpillar eat on Saturday?
- On which tree would a conker grow on?
- How long did the Hundred Year’s War last for?
- With which instrument would you associate Elton John?
- How many players are in a Basketball team?
- What are the first names of the 3 current Blue Peter presenters?
How many stairs are there (altogether) on the two staircases inside our school building (the one by the main entrance added to the one by nursery)?